So I recently read a ’25 facts about me’ blog post and thought that I would be give it a go. Even if it is slightly self indulgent!
1. I love food. No, really love food. I love trying new foods, enjoying past favourites and generally stuffing my face. If I am going out for the day, one of my first thoughts is always ‘What will I eat for lunch/dinner/snacks?’ or ‘Where can I get a nice meal near…’
2. I love animals. I find them absolutely fascinating and generally wonderful. I saw a cat pressing the doorbell to be let in the other day. It was brilliant!
3. I’m really close to my Grandad. I spent a lot of time with him when I was younger. We even lived with him until I was almost five. He’s amazing.
4. I’m a complete germaphobe. It’s become much more apparent over the last five years or so, but I’ve never liked being dirty. When I was little, the nursery used to complain to my Mum that I demanded to be changed if I got anything on my clothes (diva!). It’s much more complex nowadays, I won’t touch handrails on the tube or toilet door handles etc and I must anti bac my hands well over twenty times a day.
5. I love clothes. I’m not exactly what I would refer to as a fashionista or anything, but I love fun, fast fashion. I love seeing what’s new and pushes boundaries. I adore how you can express yourself freely by choosing what you wear and experimenting. Also, once I like it, I like it and I’m going to wear it. As everybody found out when I chose to wear a sari to my cousin’s traditional Christian wedding when I was six. No stopping me.
6. I’m a telly addict. Especially trash tv. Reality shows like Teen Mom and Big Brother are my guilty pleasures. I also adore much more credible shows like Game of Thrones, but slap some trash on and I’m in my element.
7. I have middle aged/old lady hobbies such as gardening and sewing. Haven’t quite crossed into knitting (yet!).
8. I’m at my worst when I am tired or hungry. If I’m both, probably best not to talk to me.
9. I have night terrors and frequently terrify Phil by sitting up in bed choking and screaming about a coin I’ve swallowed or a huge spider.
10. I love travelling. My most favourite thing ever is travelling to parts of the world I haven’t seen before (or have, but love, like Florida). I love researching into things to do/see/experience. I like to embrace different cultures and learn from them.
11. I always snuggle with a blanket. Even in summer. Always. I especially love snuggling on the couch watching telly.
12. I hate going to the supermarket to do a food shop. I find it terribly laborious. That’s why I always do our food shopping online, much easier!
13. I love going to the theatre. We try and go quite regularly and I just enjoy everything – the atmosphere, the talent, the ice cream during the interval. Everything.
14. I’m not a girly girl when it comes to footwear. I go from Uggs in winter, to Toms in spring to sandals/flip flops in summer and repeat the footwear cycle.
15. I like vintage shopping. I love how you can find hidden gems that are unique. There are lots of lovely vintage shops in Brighton.
16. I hate rain. And general cold weather. I feel as though I was born to live in closer proximity to the equator than I currently do.
17. I love singing along to songs in the car. Yes, this makes me particularly annoying to travel with.
18. I’m not fond of the band Queen. This often makes people recoil in horror. Whilst I can appreciate their iconic talent, it’s getting a bit boring now.
19. I love, love, love, love, love, Bath & Bodyworks products. So much so, that I now refuse to use any other hand sanitizer/hand soap/candle/body wash.
20. I hate spilling things. I just find it terribly annoying as I probably spilt it because I was in a rush and wasn’t being careful. Then I’ve got more work to do!
21. I fall asleep watching tv all the time. I’m often woken by Phil startling me and sending me to bed.
22. The inside of my car is always messy. With a dog and lots of people in and out of it, it probably stays clean for two days after I’ve had it cleaned. Worth it.
23. I love cosy nights in and lazy mornings. I adore curling up on the sofa with ice cream, the dog and my love. Especially in the colder months.
24. I’m a fair weather outdoor lover. On a lovely day I think the best place to be is outside, soaking up vitamin D and nature. I love the fresh air, the feel of grass and the beauty of flowers. Love.
25. I’m a vlogger. A few weeks ago I started vlogging as a way to document life. Things that will be forgotten in a few days remain remembered and shared. I was inspired by my friend Nichola, although her vlogging is in a completely different style to mine. I like viewers to experience life as I see it and feel as though they can relate. I can’t imagine not vlogging now!
So there you have it. A self indulgent blog post featuring twenty five facts about me. HA.